Holy Smoke!


In Minneapolis on Thursday, November 26, 1959, Dale wrote, “Thanksgiving Holiday.  Jim Staebler went to sleep and his cigarette burned a large hole in Shirley’s davenport and filled the house with smoke at 3 o’clock in the morning.  I helped him carry the davenport out to the porch.  Fool.  About 4 a.m. the davenport caught fire again on the upstairs porch and I went up and threw it over the railing into the back yard.  High about 15°, cold and clear.”  Shirley Staebler rented the upstairs apartment and Jim was her son.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top